Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Mushrooms in the Office !

We are in the heavy rainy season in Mumbai. So a few leaks here and there in different buildings is to be expected. In my office, the carpet at one corner of the office became soaking wet with the rains. This ofcourse was cleaned out by the housekeeping team. The dampness remained though.

Imagine my surprise a couple of days later, when I saw three mushrooms sprouting from the carpet in the corner. Clearly that was a damp, dark corner - ideal conditions for any fungus to sprout I suppose. But this must surely be a world first - mushrooms in the office. I showed it around to my colleagues and we all had a good laugh. The housekeeping boys came in once again and sprayed some anti fungal stuff to take out the mushrooms, but it was good fun nevertheless.

Moving on, one of the issues I have faced after coming back to India is getting a good pair of trousers which fit me. I have now got used to Marks & Spencer for a few years now. I spotted a Raymonds showroom in Inorbit where they were tailoring trousers. That was a godsend - did not realise that people still stitched trousers. I ordered two of them and gave my M&S trouser as a sample 3-4 days ago. I have just come back after a trial of the trousers - incomplete with all the basting stitch, but fitted perfectly well ! I cant wait till Sunday when I get the completed trousers. And if this experiment goes well, I need to stitch a good jacket.

Else the five days of holiday at home are at an end now - I go back to work tomorrow morning.

No comments: