Saturday, February 23, 2008

Furious February

Feb has been a very furiously busy month so far. A leap year with an extra day of hard work !

At work we have just been in the middle of some key stuff with meetings every single day and coordinating across the countrywide network. Days have just flown by and I am pretty tired at the end of each day. Its fun though !

Our wedding anniversary (16th) was on Feb 7. It just passed - it was a working day though I did manage to come home in a decent time to go out for dinner with the family and buy a gift. After some years, I remembered the greeting card for my wife, but she did not buy one for me. She has preserved every single card that we exchanged over the years ! Reading them now evokes a bit of nostalgia, but also some of those sound a little silly as well !! What we do in our romantic youth !

For sometime now, we have been contemplating to start some charity in a small way - and we thought that we will use our anniversary and birthdays to do some donations. www.giveindia.com was a pleasant surprise in terms of the ease of donating - I particularly like the theme of children and gave a small amount to some children charities. In the UK, I was contributing a small monthly sum to SPCC - Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Children. I have also discovered through a friend that it is possible to spend a day at an orphanage, give them whatever food they want and play with them for a while. We are proposing to do this.

I was on the plane the other day with Alyque Padamsee on my neighbouring seat and he asked me if I wanted to become a member of the 2% club - where we can give away 2% of our salary each year to charity. I have not responded to him - not sure if I want the badge of the 2%. We want to do what we want to charity and we want to enjoy this process. Let us see where this process takes.

We are now making it a habit to go driving on Sundays - with me working all six days, Sunday is becoming precious. Two weekends ago, drove across to the Chinmaya mission in Powai and spent sometime. It was nice.

My brother has relocated from London to India this week - a couple of days ago, we spent time together - went to Inorbit Mall and had dinner at Rajdhani, the Rajasthani restaurant. It was our second time - great food, though heavy.

Its been a busy saturday at work as I write this. Looking forward to a quiet tomorrow, though might work from home, might of course do a short drive with the family.

Next week promises to be busy at work - but also when we will see our first opera in Mumbai - at the Tata Theatre - Madame Butterfly. But more about that after we have seen it.....

No comments: